Saturday, April 25, 2009

Volksfest, etc

HAVOC put on a great show today in Campbelltown! They changed the format a bit, due to volunteer issues...but as a show and shine it worked out well I thought. I did "show" the car, but it ended up being a disaster due to an emergency vet visit at 7am. The dog's fine, but the car was full of hair! ah well, there's always next year.
I spent a good deal of the morning walking around and meeting people, trying to get the word out on the show. I met a lot of people from CePA that I knew from screen names, but not to see them personally and a few groups putting out the word on the show by posting on their sites. I did not put our fliers in unattended cars, but if you got one on your front seat thank Ko for that! I enjoyed meeting everyone, and hope I didn't harass too much. Hahaha.
I was so happy to hear that a lot of people already knew of the show...our campaign must be working then! Susquehanna Valley Vanagon Club knew all about the show, and has put June 20th on their calendar as a club function! That's so cool. I know that the Dutch Dubbers have done the same thing on their calendar too. We're on people's "to do" lists! I love it.
Lemorris got back to me today, and I have a tentative price on t-shirts. If they fall in the price range he says they will, they'll be $15 again this year.
I would love to have another company sponsor $200 to completely cover the costs of the t-shirts. If we could find one more, then the whole show will be covered and all the money donated June 20th will go toward the walk! That would be so awesome! We still have a few t-shirts left over from last year. If you're interested they are $10. Email or call me, and we can work something out via paypal and the post office!

No comments:

Post a Comment